As St Valentine’s Day approaches, Surgitrac Instruments wants to share the love.
Here, we love nothing more than the challenge of an NHS tender, a chance to win new business by securing our place on NHS framework agreements. We embrace the tender process and we’ve had some great successes recently and want to share our enthusiasm and top tips for tender bids.
Surgitrac’s top five tips for successful tender bids
1. Read the tender requirements, and then read it again – so that you fully understand what is required of you.
2. Map out the awarding criteria and weightings, identify which are the most important – and focus on those first.
3. No matter how many tenders you’ve completed, don’t assume you’re an expert, ask colleagues for their viewpoint.
4. Keep a file of frequently requested documents; build a database of responses to save time on future bids.
5. Sell the company, and the products, be clear about any quantifiable benefits to patient outcomes, along with the cost savings and financial advantages.
Surgitrac® Instruments successful recent tender appointments includes:
- East Midlands Pharmacy Collaborative (EMPC) appoints Surgitrac UK to its Framework Agreement for the provision of Viscoelastic – Ref: D82.D49.396.
- The London Procurement Partnership (LPP) Complete Ophthalmology Solutions NHS Framework, on behalf of Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. This includes the supply of single-use ophthalmic surgical instruments, ophthalmic procedure packs, ophthalmic solutions, and gases.
- NHS Clinical Consumables Framework.
- NHS Scotland’s National Framework Agreement for operating tables and theatre lighting.