Viscosurgical NHS framework appointment for Surgitrac Instruments UK
Following a successful tender bid, the East Midlands Pharmacy Collaborative (EMPC) appoints Surgitrac UK to its Framework Agreement for the provision of Viscoelastic – Ref: D82.D49.396.
Viscosurgical, Eye Visc PFS™ Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (HPMC) and Bio-Hyalur Sodium Hyaluronate are now available to the 12 trust that make up the EMPC.
Viscoelastics / ocular viscosurgical devices (OVD) on the framework are:
- Eye Visc PFS™ Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (HPMC) viscosurgical 2.0%.
- Bio-Hyalur and Bio Hyalur Plus, sterile viscoelastic preparations of highly purified Sodium Hyaluronate 1.0% and 1.4%.
Products are ready to use, in pre-filled, single dose syringes that include BD cannulas. These viscosurgical do not require refrigeration, have a three year shelf life, and can be ordered for next day delivery.
Viscoelastic / OVD are used by Ophthalmologists during anterior segment surgery of the human eye, including; Cataract extraction, Intraocular Lens (IOL) implantation, corneal transplant, and Glaucoma surgery.
Viscosurgicals, create and maintain anterior chamber depth and visibility, protects corneal endothelial cells and other tissues, minimises interaction between tissues during surgical manipulation, and aids visualisation during surgery.
Contact email@example.com more information and prices.
Current members of the EMPC are:
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Leicester Partnership NHS Trust
- Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust
- Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
- United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust
- Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
The EMPC is a small dynamic procurement team providing a Pharmacy procurement service for its member Trusts. The team is hosted by Royal Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.